Pediatric Dentistry For Your Child
Pediatric dentistry is specialized to take care of the oral health of your children from infancy till adolescence. Pediatric dentists have the experience and qualifications, so they take a unique approach for every child to protect his smile.
Children get their primary teeth from the first 6 months of life till 6 years old when primary teeth are replaced with permanent ones. Taking care of primary teeth is an important issue; early loss of baby teeth may cause a lifetime of orthodontic complications to the permanent dentition.
Why should your child visit a Pediatric dentist?
- Examination and diagnosis of your child’s teeth and gums as well as caries risk assessment and diet counselling.
- Prevention of future decay by using fluoride varnish and fissure sealants.
- Teeth fillings, root canal treatment and pediatric crowns.
- Prevention of harmful habits as thumb sucking, brushing too hard and teeth grinding.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of teeth malalignment and improper bite.
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with medical disorders as diabetes type I, congenital heart disease, asthma, epilepsy, and hyperactivity disorders.
- Diagnosis and treatment of gum diseases and conditions including oral ulcers, short frenula, salivary gland diseased, and other pediatric periodontal disease
- Dental emergency cases as fractured or knocked out teeth.
Show Comments (0)